Upgrading Firmware on Opengear CM4200 Series Console Servers
- Connect to the device's serial console port like explained here: Cabling_and_Configuring_Opengear_CM4148#Cabling_2
- Connect the device's network port NETWORK 1 to your network. There must be a DHCP server running.
- On the serial console, log in with user name
- Type the command
ifconfigand check the IP address that was assigned to interface
eth0(that's NETWORK 1) through DHCP.
- Open that IP address in a browser over https.
- On the web interface, login with the same credentials as above
- Click System→Firmware
- Select the firmware image file and click Apply
- Wait for the upgrade process to finish
- If after 10 minutes the Power and Online LEDs are off and the device won't reboot by itself, disconnect it from power for two minutes and turn it back on again.
- Check the new firmware version has been applied through the web interface.