Install ASR9k IOS from ROMMON via TFTP
- Connect to the Console Port
- Get to ROMMON prompt (sometimes you have to hit CTRL-C whan asked)
- Connect Mgmt0 port to the network
- Place the vm File of your ASR IOSXR distribution (e.g.
asr9k-mini-px.vm-4.3.0, normally found within the tar file of your distribution) onto your TFTP server
- Issue the following commands from the ROMMON promt, line by line (bold values may have to be replaced acording to your environment):
unset BOOT unset TFTP_FILE sync unset BOOT_DEV_SEQ_OPER unset MIRROR_ENABLE sync priv diswd IP_ADDRESS=192.168.1.241 IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0 DEFAULT_GATEWAY=192.168.1.254 TFTP_RETRY_COUNT=4 TFTP_TIMEOUT=6000 TFTP_CHECKSUM=1 TFTP_SERVER=192.168.1.11 TFTP_MGMT_INTF=0 TFTP_BLKSIZE=1400 TURBOBOOT=on,disk0,format sync
- Now, boot and install via TFTP
- Wait without hitting any key until the ASR reboots. May take quite long, 30 mins or so.
show install activeand check the path starts with
mem:. If it starts with
mem:, you have to repeat the whole procedure.