Firmware Update FortiGate 100D
- Connect to the Console Port, just like to a Cisco device
- Connect the MGMT port to your network
- Put the system image file you wish to install in your TFTP server's root directory
- Turn on the device
- Caution: If you have a typo anywhere in this process, you have to start at zero.
- When you see the message Press any key to display configuration menu..., hit the [SPACE] bar
- Type [C] to Configure TFTP parameters.
- Type [I] to set the local IP address to a free address on your network
- Type [S] to set the local subnet mask
- Type [T] to set the remote TFTP server IP address
- Type [F] to set the firmware image file name (the one you put on your TFTP server), e. g.
- Type [R] to review the TFTP parameters.
- If everything is OK, type [Q] to quit this menu.
- Type [T] to initiate the TFTP firmware transfer.
- When asked Save as Default firmware/Backup firmware/Run image without saving:[D/B/R]?, type [D]
- Wait for the device to restart and boot the new image